Welcome to Maybe Daily episode 17. About a day after publishing the last episode, I had a few issues around new git repositories directly connected to some identity politics that snuck into software development all the way to the team that manages a software most developers use thus breaking tools that have existed for decades.
And yes I am wearing my 2018 Hacktoberfest bragging rights shirt here.
- Original thoughts on the wokeness of renaming the git master branch to main: https://www.codingnagger.com/2021/01/23/the-master-branch-is-not-problematic-wokeism-is/
- Tutorial on how to make the master branch the default again: https://www.codingnagger.com/2021/09/26/easily-rename-your-git-default-branch-from-main-to-master/
You can also listen to more People + Drink = Words content here or at:
- Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-519475
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/people-drink-words/id1466132496
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/35mZNoEQ3o0fpjsDhuTk6r
- Interviews: https://www.peopledrinkwords.com/pdw-interviews/
Feel free to like, comment, and subscribe! Don’t hesitate to follow me on Minds for live takes or on my other Rumble channel if you would like some gaming.